Sunday, August 26, 2012

An update


I have some kind of cold / flu type virus so I feel like death warmed up. I am going to stay in bed. I am taking vitamin C, echineacea and every other flu remedy I can lay my hands on. Everything is aching and I have a headache to boot. The headache is down to stress, I'm sure.
I thought I would do a quick post to let you all know how things are around here. Some of you already know that my little grandson Evan has been having tests. The doctors think he has leukaemia. He had more tests on Friday and they seem to indicate a problem with his liver. We are now waiting for scans to be done. We are all hoping for the best possible outcome and would appreciate another round of prayers, good vibes, positive thoughts etc. I'll let you know how he is but don't really want to talk about it here.
Simon’s and Coralie's health problems are ongoing and another constant source of worry. Some of you also know that my middle daughter Verity recently underwent IVF treatment which was not successful. Another upset and worry. They will try again.
I mentioned over the weekend that there was a possible development with our house............ You may recall that I explained the person at the top of the chain is buying a new build, a big expensive new build​? Well the company, David Wilson homes, stepped in at the beginning of last week to buy our house so they don't lose their sale. Apparently it is known in the business as a chain breaker.
They buy our house, we buy the one in Morton, they buy their nephews house and the nephew buys his fancy David Wilson Home, everyone is happy!

Well actually we aren't happy............ When we accepted on Friday we were told this will be fast. What is fast? They said about a week. I was happy with that, can cope with that. Of course nothing is ever that simple! Yesterday I had a phone call to say that although we “should” exchange contracts in around a week, the completion date will be the 15th of December. Yes, December a whole 5 and a half weeks. I was so upset. I need it to be over and done with.
Of course I got the job of telling Simon when he came in and he was really angry, nearly called it all off. He was shouting at me, having a real crazy fit. I hate it when he gets like that. It's the bloody Italian in him that rears it's head. I wish he would understand that swearing, shouting and calling everyone under the sun a F****** w***** does not help the situation. By the time he had calmed down I had the headache from hell and felt really ill. Thanks Simon.
So anyway, it would seem that we are moving after all, providing nothing else goes wrong in the mean time. It's something else that now I have told you, I don't really want to talk about.
To be honest, right now, I have little enthusiasm for blogging. I may pop in and read, forgive me if I don't comment, I barely seem to have a working brain at the moment. I may blog or I may not. Everything is on top of me right now and it is too depressing to keep talking about it. Boring to read too. I doubt that I will be around for a few days anyway as I just feel too grotty.  

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget