I have a bit of free time now while I have my coffee so I thought I would just ramble on a bit.
Thank you to everyone who sent messages regarding our house sale falling through. We were naturally disappointed but we are fine. No choice but to be fine! A few of you asked what happens now and will we lose the house that we are buying? Well both houses are back on the market so it all depends on us finding another buyer before the other people do.
There is an interesting development in the pipeline but I don't want to say anything about it for fear of jinxing it. Suffice to say that if you could all send every possible good vibe and piece of good luck that you can then maybe it will work out in the end. We are hopeful but we have to wait and see what happens.
Right now being able to move into the house that we wanted would be a tremendous bonus. There is a lot going on here and 3 family members have serious health problems. Will tell you more when there is more to tell but again, good luck, good vibes, prayers etc. will be very welcome. Our family seems to be on a run of really bad luck. It will change. I know it will change. Everything goes in circles. Note to self..............stay positive.
So what else is new? Not a lot! I seem to be caught up in one problem after another right now. I am having a bit of a lazy day. As it is Friday Simon will be home at 3.30pm which is always nice. Talking of Simon his schools Ofsted inspection went without a hitch. Don't know what all the fuss was about! They were graded as good. His own department which he heads was graded as good. They just missed out on excellent apparently. When the inspector gave them feedback she said they missed out on an excellent grading only because 3 people in the department have been there less than 3 months! Yes, and your point?????? Told you Ofsted was stupid.
It is baby Jessica's first birthday today so when Simon gets in we shall be going to collect Coralie and the boys to go to her birthday party. It is a small affair with immediate family only. I am looking forward to it. She is such a little cutie. I still can't believe how she climbs on everything when she barely looks big enough to crawl. She is the tinniest little thing. I went to town yesterday to buy her a present. I got her a little outfit of jeans, tunic and a knitted waistcoat thingy. Very cute. I have got the 9 month size and it still looks like it will drown her.
I was so cross that I had to buy a present. It is the first one that I have bought all year. I have made all of the others. Well except for the men....Simon was supposed to make them lap top tables but didn't have time so we purchased those but they were under budget. We set a limit this year. I have made Flynn's present for his birthday in a few weeks time but because we thought we were moving and I was busy I ran out of time to do something for Jessica.
I have some things made for Christmas but nowhere near what I wanted to get done. The big day is going to come round really fast. I am going to do some sewing shortly when I have finished my coffee. I have been making a pair of casual jersey trousers for myself and they are driving me mad. The machine keeps chewing up the fabric. I have no idea why. I am using a stretch stitch and the correct foot and it just keeps pulling the fabric into the feed dogs. Yesterday I couldn't get it free and ended up yanking it which ripped the fabric and left half of it behind. Simon had to unscrew the plate to get inside to sort it out. Stupid machine!
One of the things that I went into town for apart from Jessie's present was to get some wadding for a quilt that I am doing for a Christmas present. I had tried to do it by using an old blanket cut to size. I thought that would be economical and work well. Silly me! I have tried half a dozen times and I just can't get it right. Denise says it is because the blanket stretches as I am trying to tack it. I think she is right. At least I have my new tacking gun that Simon got for my birthday so I haven't had to do it all by hand. I would have been furious about that.
Anyway, I went to get wadding in John Lewis. They only do it in 96cms wide. What is the point of that? Surely it should be at least a metre? I ended up leaving it. I got home went on the internet and ordered it from the Cotton Patch. Should have done that in the first place. Why is it that you can get stuff on the internet but not in the shops?
Last weekend I got a new Wii game. It is called Zumba fitness. One of the things that Saskia teaches is Zumba. She told me that it was easy and that anyone can do it. It is a form of dance for aerobic fitness. Well Saskia, I am here to tell you that it is not easy and I can't do it! Not to mention that if the stupid instructor lady says “just have fun” one more time I am going to throw her across the room! She is driving me crazy.
It starts off OK with instructions on how to do the steps. Lovely, nice and easy....slow....one foot forward one foot back.....I can do it.......then without warning she speeds up and throws in all kinds of kicks and flicks and twists and turns that she hasn't told you about that alone how to do them. I did have another go at it yesterday afternoon as I am conscious that I need to get more exercise. I managed 40 minutes but I was mostly just doing my own thing to the music. My shapes looked nothing like hers and yet she was still saying”Well done, that’s the way to do it.....looking good”. Yeah right. Why she feels the need to speak in a Merikan accent is also beyond me since I know for a fact she is English.
Guess what? Today my left knee is not happy! It hasn't hurt for ages and now it is. Seems like sewing is a safer option! LOL. I'm not cut out for exercise!
Right my coffee is finished so I am going to go and make a card for Jessie because I just remembered I haven't done that yet and then I shall see if I can finish those blasted trousers. I might try to get back into the DPT next week. I need to keep busy right now and taking some photos may take my mind of things.
No comments:
Post a Comment