Sunday, August 26, 2012

Friday - more rambling


More rambling..............................
  1. Friday again!
  2. No good news about our move. STILL WAITING.
  3. Simon insists that we do packing over the weekend. It should not be more than 2 weeks today, hopefully it is about 10 days, it is still possible that it could be just 1 week.
  4. Today my task is to phone the removal companies and try to get myself pencilled in for about 10 days time. Our Vendor Tara, told me yesterday that 2 of the companies she had quotes from can't do it as they are now fully booked! Gulp.
  5. I had hardly any sleep last night, my head would not empty.
  6. We need more decent boxes and more tape.
  7. I didn't do any Wii Fit yesterday as I didn't want to aggravate my knees. I intend to do just a quarter hour today. My left knee is not happy.
  8. I did cut out the pattern for my trousers and the fabric. They are about half finished.
  9. Does jersey fabric have a right and wrong side? I couldn't see any difference. I did cut them all the same side. However I got in a muddle when sewing. You sew back to front and on one piece I had them the wrong way around, at least I think I did! When I was pinning the whole lot together to sew around the crotch it didn't match up. I discovered that if I put a wrong side to a right side then they did match! So I am currently trying to unpick one side.
  10. Unpicking stretch stitch from jersey fabric is not easy!
  11. Lesson to remember......when fabric does not seem to have a right side make sure to put tailors chalk on all the bits!
  12. Hooray for St Anthony! My camera turned up. It was in Saskia's old bedroom under a stack of paperwork she had left to be thrown out!
  13. Unfortunately the photos that we took of the family are crap. There is barley a decent one at all. Why, because in every single one there is at least one of our children who has a face like thunder or is pulling stupid faces or making rude gestures! Wonderful. Those photos meant a lot to Simon and I so it is very upsetting.
  14. I sent them all an email yesterday to say how disappointed we were. Now of course they are all on their high horses saying “not me”.
  15. I don't know why they couldn't just humour us. The trouble to get them all there in the first place and to do it with good grace was not really worth it.
  16. I think next time there is an important occasion Simon and I will be there in the background arsing it up and spoiling every photo. Maybe then they would realise this isn't nice.
  17. It has been pointed out to me in their replies to my email that I have lumped them all together when they weren't all as bad. I have to do that or I would be accused of picking on an individual.
  18. I think I'll stick to taking photos of little Princess Ellie who is sitting their good as gold throughout with an angelic expression. LOL. Little poser.
  19. This is just about the best shot.
    This is the best one of all of us.
  20. OK, I have been procrastinating for long enough. It is 9.30am and I haven't got out of bed yet! Time to go and shower and then get me a coffee and get on the phone to the removal people. Wish me luck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Afternoon update............................... I have phoned all 4 removal companies and none of them can do much at all for that week! They have a few odd days that may be possible if they get a cancellation.
I have spent most of the morning trying to find others to contact. My stress level is through the roof.
I have had several phone calls from the estate agent. Our buyer has the search through so should be ready to exchange middle of next week. Our vendor is STILL waiting for the mortgage offer to reach her solicitor. The estate agent still says this is nothing to worry about! Apparently they can take ages to generate a reference number!
He says exchange should be mid week and completion around the 24th or 25th.
I got a phone call an hour ago from our buyer who wants to come round at 5.30pm to take some measurements and look at the garage. Just wonderful. Ever since, I have been frantically tidying up, hoovering etc. It looks horrid here now we have begun to pack.
Just had yet another phone call this time from Simon to say he will be later than 3.30pm as he has to stop by Halford's to buy a windscreen wiper. Why? Apparently someone has ripped it off overnight. Just fantastic.
I am about to turn to the drink.
Please all send more of those good vibes, prayers, happy thoughts, luck, whatever our way over the weekend. We simply have to exchange soon before I explode or implode or simply go completely loopy.   

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget