I had a sore throat come on late last night and I have woken up today feeling really rough. I am very sniffly so it is obviously a cold. Just what I need right now. I have lots to get done but no energy to even get started. It is a quarter to nine in the morning and although I have got up and washed and dressed I am now laying back down with a cup of coffee.
From my bedroom I have a view of the park and the trees outside. I remember that Jenny commented yesterday that most of the leaves were now on the ground. Well ours are still mostly on the tree and are a lovely yellow colour. They looked lovely the other day back lit by the sun. Today they do look a bit sad. I do like to see the trees as they change through the seasons.
Gosh it's cold in here. I'm shivering. Simon was fiddling with the central heating timer over the weekend. I bet it has gone off or something.
We spent yesterday morning out and about, in town and then at a couple of retail parks. We have finally found a single bed frame that we like and a lovely comfy mattress to go with it. We have been meaning to get a single bed for ages. The big double was not really suitable for when the little ones come to stay. We paid over our pennies and it will be delivered in 3 weeks time. Saskia will have a bed to sleep in at Christmas now! Because of the move we had got rid of the old double bed so the only bed in the house right now is ours! I have 3 bed less bed rooms! I'm pleased we got that sorted.
Simon spent the afternoon doing school work and I spent it lounging around trying to motivate myself and failing big time. Now I am feeling so grotty, I wish I had done stuff yesterday afternoon. I did catch up with a lot of blogs and left a few comments here and there.
Yesterday evening was basically the same.......more lounging around. I did watch the results show for “Strictly come dancing”. I do enjoy strictly and get into it every year. My TV viewing right now has doubled from 2 hours a week for EastEnders to about 4 hours. My favourite this year is a little actress called Chelsee Healy, she is great. Lulu and Brendan were voted off last night and it was not before time. That woman is very irritating as well as being a lousy dancer. I am loving Russell Grant. Because he is a fat, old, man I think everyone thought at the beginning of the series that he was this years comedy element. Well he is sometimes funny but you know what, he makes the effort and he does actually learn the steps. He is fantastic entertainment.
Apologies to Mickey for that strictly ramble, I know he will have totally tuned out now!
Time I tuned out of here too. Must drink my coffee and try to get going with some jobs.
I know that lots of you are still continuing with the DPT so here is a reminder of the coming weeks themes: 7. The sky at night. 8. The weather today. 9. Something beginning with I. (Suggested by Vicki). 10. Something you regret. 11. Something you used today. 12. A heart. 13. A scar. 14. Something old.
I may or may not join in with them depending on time and if the fancy strikes me.
No comments:
Post a Comment