Sunday, August 26, 2012

The weekend so far.


It has been a pretty good 24 hours albeit rather busy and tiring. Plenty though to take my mind off of other things which is good. This time yesterday we were at Sam and lisa's house with the rest of our family and Lisa's family to celebrate little Jessica's 1st birthday. I love these occasions. Reminds me just how lucky we are.
With Auntie Charlotte. (Joshua's girlfriend.)
It went really well and the 4 little cousins, Ellie, Evan, Flynn and Jessica all had a great time. They were highly excited. So much so that Evan didn't want to go home. Tonight he has gone to see the fireworks at Ellie's school and is then doing a sleepover with his “Ellie Belle”. It is so cute, he always calls her “his Ellie Belle” and he just adores her.
Today we have been super busy and we are now both exhausted. We have been at the allotment planting onions and garlic. You may recall that the first year we planted in the spring and it wasn't great. The onions were OK but we got no garlic. The second year we took advice to plant in the autumn and we got a bumper crop. This year just gone we meant to do the same but just didn't get around to it. This years crop was poor with no garlic again like the first year. So we made sure this year to order them nice and early and today we got them in the ground.
It was quite a task. We have planted 500 onions, 120 garlic and 17 elephant garlic. We have 9 different varieties of garlic as we want to see what works best. We have 3 different kinds of onions, 2 yellow and 1 red. I hope they do well.
Simon weeding.
We did have some help as Coralie came over first thing with Evan and Flynn. The boys love the allotment. Coralie helped Simon to dig as we needed to loosen up the soil and dig some weeds first. The allotment has been a bit neglected recently. The soil is becoming very good now though after 3 years. Coralie helped with the planting too. The boys “helped” with everything!
Coralie planting garlic.
Flynn making fire with Grandad.
Evan doesn't want to go home!
Some of you have enquired about our allotment. The plan was always that we would keep it until at least next June as we have paid until then. The new house would have needed a lot of work on the garden first. We will probably only plant onions and potatoes though. We'll see.
Simon spent a few hours at his barn but is now home and currently cooking some fried chicken livers in garlic butter with balsamic vinegar. I love those. They go down a treat with red wine. Yes, I am on the red wine this evening. I feel like I have earned it today. Shouldn't have it really as I didn't lose any weight this week. That is the first time in 11 weeks and as I have now lost over a stone and a half (21lbs to you Merikans) I am not to concerned. It will come off gradually. Exercise would help but I haven't done any more the last 2 days as my knee is still complaining about the zumba.
Tomorrow we shall be pretty busy again as we will..............actually, I shan't tell you what we are doing tomorrow. I shall leave it for another blog. Time to go top up my glass and sample those chicken livers. I can smell them!

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget