Sunday, August 26, 2012

Saturday


I am grumpy. I know I shouldn't be but there it is. It isn't my fault. It's all the stupidity that does it. Everyone except me is bonkers. Really. Even some of you lot! Oh yes you are. You don't listen either............ some of you seem to have only just cottoned on that we have “sold” our house again. This despite me going on about it. Makes me bloody grumpy!
Actually it isn't technically sold until we exchange contracts and we haven't done that yet. That makes me grumpy too.
Being poorly for more or less a week with a stupid virus makes me hugely grumpy. You know what? I think my little computer may be sick too. It has been playing around for a few weeks now and it is SO slow. I have run the virus checker countless times but it says “nothing found”. I bet it's lying.
The weather is a constant grump at this time of year. I hate it. Today is another grotty, grey, miserable day. It isn't too cold, I suppose that is something. How long is it until spring?
Sue has been having some great grumps this week and yesterday she mentioned magazines sealed inside plastic bags. That drives me crazy. How do we know if we want to buy it if we can't have a “look see” beforehand? Not to mention all those plastic bags that will just be thrown in the bin. STUPID!
I hate all the advertising inserts that they put inside magazines too. You pick it off the shelf and unless you are extremely careful a ton of crap falls out onto the floor. Of course most people pretend they haven't noticed so that they don't have to pick it up. They leave it there for someone to slip over on. I of course have never done that.
The price of magazines makes me grumpy. Have you seen how much they cost? An arm and a leg.
We are supposed to be going out this morning. We agreed last night that we would go out for a while. I'm still not up to much but I need to get out for a bit. I'm writing this whilst waiting for Simon who is farting around doing goodness only knows what.
Do you want to know what really makes me grumpy? When we are going out we agree on a time. EG. We say we will leave at 2pm. Just before 2pm I will be at the front door ready to go. By ready, I mean I have on my shoes and my coat and I have my bag, keys etc........ where is Simon? Still getting ready. I frequently end up sitting on the stairs getting grumpier and grumpier. It drives me mad.
Then, when we finally leave, invariably he will have forgotten something and have to go back inside. I think that must be a “Glenn” thing as Saskia does that too. She used to drive me crazy when she lived at home as she would go out and quite often come back not once but twice because she had forgotten something.
Hallelujah....................... he is ready to go.......................
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More grumping.....................my wretched left knee is hurting again. Stupid Zumba game. Oh and don't anyone mention Doctors or I shall go into a major grump. It's my blog and I want to moan and whinge. Don't care if it makes you grumpy!
We did go out eventually! I needed a cushion pad for a cushion that I have made. Dunelm Mill seem to have the best prices so we headed there. We didn't get there as the queue to get in the car park went right around the roundabout and up the park way! Not going to sit there just for a cushion.
Simon suggested that we drive to Market Deeping where there is a discount warehouse that we go to occasionally. I got a cushion pad there for £1.29 so a bargain. On the way back we stopped off at an antique and craft shop which we must have driven past no end of times over the years but never been in. It is huge and absolutely fascinating. Lots of old tat of course but lots of lovely wooden furniture and lots of lovely old curios. We will be going back there once we have moved. They also had a great craft selection which I know Coralie will love.
The evening turned out quite relaxing and pleasant so no more grumps! Simon cooked dinner and I lounged around on the sofa. Of course I watched “Strictly” which was a little disappointing this week. At least they got rid of Audley. Seemed a nice chappie lovely smile but can't dance!
Oops......... I have just done a spoiler! If any of you watch it you'll be wondering how I already know that Audley has gone since the results show isn't until tomorrow.................not telling!
Today’s DPT is: 12. A heart.......................... see tag below........ several hearts there!

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget