Monday, August 27, 2012

16th of March


Well we are over half way through March and so far I have managed the grand total of 2 blogs! I'm not really sure why. I mean I'm busy as usual but no more busy, if that makes sense. I have been using the iPad a lot and it is impossible really to post from there. Maybe that is it. I have been here reading as you will know.
Maybe it is that I have had no inspiration? Must have lost my blogging muse! I can't really do a catch up on the last week either as I can't really remember what I have done. Oh, yes, last Sunday we went to a craft fair at the Wood Green animal shelter. We met Verity, Coralie and the boys there. It is a long way to go and I don't think Simon really wanted to so he wasn't in the best of moods!
The craft fair was really disappointing. Not many stalls at all. It used to be a big affair years back. Still it was a nice sunny day and it was lovely to see Verity and the boys, oh and Coralie too! We took Verity back to Cambridge and she cooked a lovely roast dinner for us which was really nice. We came home with a more or less new, loft ladder that Steve had got for us. It is currently sitting in the garden awaiting installation. I have no idea when it will get done. Things don't seem to be progressing very fast at the moment.
The new wooden mantle shelf still isn't finished. It is taking forever. At a guess it could still be several more weeks. The trouble is Simon likes to do things “properly” as he says. Obviously doing things properly is a good thing. What I mean is he makes extra work for himself. I'll give you an example: Last weekend he had been busy sanding away and he presented me with a piece of wood and instructed me to feel it, to stroke it in fact. It looked and felt beautiful. I assumed it was done. NO! He announced that he was going to go over it again with a different grade of sand paper. Just seems a bit unnecessary to me, but what do I know?
We are still waiting for our new furniture. It has been over 11 weeks now and they said 8-10. I had a phone call from the shop today as they had been trying to chase the order. It seems there was a fabric shortage. Hmmmmm. He said that it should be around the 28th of March. We shall see. I guess it gives me longer to make throws for it. I am not pleased though.
I went to the opticians on Tuesday and it seems that my eyes have deteriorated quite a bit. I kept saying that were getting worse! She said that I could have contacts but no way do I want those so I am having varifocals which she says will take a while for me to get used to. Good oh! They cost an absolute fortune so they had better be good. It took forever for me to choose the frames so I hope I am happy with them when I get them. I am also having some sunglasses made with the same varifocal prescription. I go back to collect them next Thursday.
What else is new? I'm not sure anything is. Seems life is pretty quiet out here in the Fens.
Just had a phone call from Simon to say that he is unwell and can I go and collect him. He left the car here today and went with his friend even though I had told him I didn't need it. I should have been going to Coralies for sewing but that got cancelled. Best go and fetch him. No more work will be done this weekend if he is not well.  

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget