Monday, August 27, 2012

Show and tell time


Yes, I have finally found time to post some photos of the stuff that I have been making.  First of all I have finished the 4 seasons quilted wall hanging.  Well the panel is finished but I still have to make something to actually hang it by!  Here is the finished item and each of the 4 panels.

Spring

Summer

Autumn

Winter

The finished item.
I have been making bags for birthday presents. The purple one was for Lisa's birthday which was yesterday. Happy birthday Lisa. This was made totally from scrap fabric from my stash. I didn't even have to buy the zip as I already had one in stock! The purple stripy fabric was from an old shirt of Simon’s. I really liked that shirt so I am pleased that it has been re-purposed.

The blue bag is for some one else's birthday but I had best not say who as they may be reading! This was also made form scrap fabric although I did have to purchase a navy blue zip for this one. I am really pleased with how these turned out.
I also made this card for Lisa.
As a little added extra, I made her some lavender body scrub. Made to a recipe that I adapted slightly. It is made using my own home grown lavender.
The other thing that I have been busy with is my felt brooches. I have sold a few and they seem popular so I thought I would try my luck with them on eBay. I have made lots. If they don't sell I shall be giving them away! LOL. I am also going to try gluing some to hair clips to see how that works. Here they are. Hope you don't get bored!!!
My sofa throw is still waiting to be finished as I haven't got around to buying the fabric for the backing. When Saskia was here at the weekend she decided that she really liked the pattern so I need to get the fabric to do her one which is to be a very late birthday present. She has chosen 3 fabrics but I need her to choose 3 more so I can order them. I tend to buy most of my fabric online.
I have so many projects in my head and just not enough hours in the day. I have several birthdays coming up in the next few months so I need to get making things. I also have to make the curtains for the living room when the furniture finally arrives. Plus with spring now here and summer on it's way I want to make some things for myself.
I shall keep you updated on my progress.
Jilly

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget