Monday, August 27, 2012

Rambling


I can’t believe that we are at the end of April.  This month just seems to have been lost.  I feel like I am still in March. The weather is telling me that it is winter rather than spring. This is the 16th day of rain here. Admittedly, we have seen some sunshine today too but never the less the rain just seems to go on and on. Our nearest town, Bourne was actually flooded this morning and they had to close the main road. I don't know how Simon got to school. He must have had to go on a very long detour.
I have only managed about 3 blogs this month. With the death of my Mum and then the funeral, I haven't felt much like it. There hasn't been much time either. The other problem is that I only have my iPad at the moment and it doesn't play nicely with Multiply. I need to get my computer sorted out. My mini lap top was the best for blogging but of course I managed to wreck that!
I am in the middle of getting dinner ready as Simon will be home soon. Coralie is coming over this evening with Denise for some sewing time. I am making a dress and matching bag for Ellie's birthday and I am a bit stuck so it will be good to have Denise’s help. The dress is basically made but I am stuck on the neckline. The pattern says to tie the seam and I do not know what that means.
Tomorrow I am going to visit my Dad along with Coralie and the boys. He is still really suffering with his ear but he goes back to the hospital on Thursday so I really hope they can finally sort it out. It has been going on for months and is really getting him down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well as you can see I began this on Monday and it is now Thursday! My blogging habit really has gone to pot. We had a nice day on Tuesday with my Dad and my sister and her husband also came for lunch. Yesterday I had a real bleugh day. I was really tired, had no energy, no enthusiasm and just felt plain miserable all day. I had to force myself to do stuff. I also ended up with a headache as I had workmen here doing cavity wall insulation and also insulating the loft.
They were very nice men but they were noisy! They were here when Simon got up and that threw me into a panic as I wasn't expecting them until 8am. Simon went out and spoke to them and they said that was fine they were just having a rest anyway as they had come all the way from Leicester. Of course I still ended up rushing around as I didn't want to be in my dressing gown when they decided their rest was over.
The noise of the drilling was horrendous and really upset the dogs. It didn't go on too long but the dogs crying and howling did. I think it was that which gave me the headache. Still at least it is another job completed. It didn't even cost us much as the local council pay most of the cost. Weird really, as they all claim to have no money. Still, we won't complain.
Once they had gone I did some ironing but that was about it. I really couldn't be bothered. I did manage to make a shepherds pie for dinner.
Today, I am not feeling so grotty but I am still lacking energy and enthusiasm so I am forcing myself to move my butt into gear. You know, I think the weather isn't helping me. We are now well over 3 weeks of rain every single day. There have been a few days where it hasn’t been too much but most days it has just poured the entire day. Today it is cold, windy and …..raining. My garden is totally water logged and the drive is flooded. The dogs have to paddle! The sun is a very distant memory.
The garden looks dreadful. Simon has been removing the slabs from behind the garage and digging down. The stuff he is digging out he will use as hard core for the garage extension. Consequently he is piling that up down the end of the garden where we moved all those other slabs from. That is the bit that will eventually be my vegetable plot but that ain't happening this year! The grass is really long and sprouting dandelions and daisies. We can't cut it as it is just too wet.
Even the front garden looks a mess as the grass is long and the fence has broken half way down due to high winds. Another job waiting to be done. I am still waiting for Simon to finally mend the pipe coming from the toilet cistern. We noticed it leaking about a month back and he has had numerous attempts at stopping it but it is still seeping, albeit very slowly.
I need a holiday! I need sun. I need warmth. I HATE being cold. It is bloody cold out here in the Fens.
Right time to get on with some other stuff. I want to do some sewing this afternoon. I am making a little dress and bag for Ellie's birthday which is on Monday so I need to get a move on with it.
I also have to look through some insurance policies of my Mums and contact the relevant companies. Should keep me busy for the afternoon.
Let's hope that May brings better weather and less of the rain. Yes, I know we need it, I know we are in drought and we have a hose pipe ban but for goodness sake. April 2012 was the wettest on record in Lincolnshire. Hopefully the summer of 2012 will be the hottest. Now why do I have my doubts about that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LMAO! It is now Friday!  I didn't post this yesterday as I wanted to take some photos of the messy garden to show you.  I have not been able to do that as it is STILL raining!  Time to get this posted me thinks.

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget