Monday, August 27, 2012

Is this progress?

Simon tells me that progress is being made!  It doesn't look that way to me!  He lost a day on Sunday as it poured with rain all day. His loss was sort of my gain as he did get on with the floating frame at the top of the wardrobe which the doors will hang from.

Monday he was out there all day and in the afternoon he had help again from our neighbours Richard and Stuart. They finished excavating the clay which has been deposited on a tarpaulin on the lawn. Great now the grass will all be dead. 

He is currently on the phone trying to organise a skip to take it all away.  That will be fun as the nearest they will get a skip is on our drive in front of the garage.  That means that huge mound of earth will have to be loaded into the wheel barrow and wheeled around to the front.

They have begun to push the hardcore into the hole. I think he is going to need way more than we have. In typical Simon fashion he has gone way over board and dug down about 3 foot. His problem is that before he went into teaching he was a civil engineer. I have tried reminding him that he isn't doing the foundations for the next motorway just a garage but that just winds him up.

I'm not happy about this at all.  One of two of you said that I seem to be calm about it all! That is so far from the truth. I am actually very stressed about it all.  Right now my entire garden is in ruins and I can't see much of an end to it.  The weather forecast is for rain for the next few weeks which will not help matters. Not to mention that he is making it so big that we will probably run out of money.

Why he couldn't just have been grateful with the garage that was already here I don't know. Bloody men.

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget