Monday, August 27, 2012

Hay making

Well it is yet another summers day here in my little bit of the UK.  Once again we have what seems to be our summer weather.  In other words, yet again it is grey, cold and pouring with rain. It is miserable.  If this keeps up I shall seriously be thinking about emigrating.  I rather like Majorca. 

I am up to date on house work so today is a sewing and family history day. I have just got myself a coffee.  Just paid the window cleaner too.  Yes, he really did clean the windows in between the down pours!

I thought I would show you some photos that I took on Thursday.  The farmer decided to cut the hay in between showers.  I was quite fascinated as I had never seen the process from beginning to end before. I guess I had  never lived in a house backing on to fields before. Click photos to enlarge.

I spent ages watching out of my bedroom window which was where I took the photos.  Since the hay was taken in the field has been covered with birds,  I guess the process churns up lots of wormies for them to eat. 

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget