Monday, August 27, 2012

Coralies' tribute


It has taken a long time for me to find the words I needed to say today. And in the end, I have used someone else's words.
I'd like to read you a poem. It speaks of sunshine and happy memories at Nans passing rather than grief. I find it right for Nannie because she was such a happy person. So full of laughter.
I also like the words because they remind me of Nannies last few hours with us.
On that last day we managed to fill her room with smiles and laughter as we sat with her and shared our memories of her.
She slept peacefully and never let on that she could hear our giggles but I know she could. Just as I know it is right that the last things she heard were tales of her life remembered by those she loved.
The poem is called Afterglow.
I'd like the memory of me to be a happy one.
I'd like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done.
I'd like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways,
Of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.
I'd like the tears of those who grieve, to dry before the sun;
Of happy memories that I leave when life is done.

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget