Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday and stuff from the weekend


If a man is alone in his garage and speaks, and there is no wife to hear him, is he still wrong?

We are over a third of the way through June and guess what it is doing?  You know the answer........it is raining.  Pouring cats and dogs. The garden which had begun to dry out nicely is once again sodden and there is mud everywhere.  It has taken ages to do the kitchen floor this morning.

Simon is back to school today.  He did manage to fill the skip over the last few days.  That is roughly 12 tonnes which I think is about half of the total. I am waiting for them to come and collect it and to deliver another one.  The guy said he hoped to do it today but it could be tomorrow morning.  Funny, he said that before and it was the next morning!

See the slightly smaller pile!

I did get a few jobs done in the garden yesterday.  I planted out my very poorly looking tomato plants and some herbs.  I am hoping the tomatoes will pick up as I have just used the last of my rich tomato sauce from the freezer.  Did anyone see the recipe I posted yesterday for 7 year garlic?  Doesn't it sound wonderful?  I need to get me some garlic.  We have some growing on the allotment but that won't be ready for ages yet and I need to get started if it takes 7 years!!!

Once the skip was full Simon did a couple of other jobs.  He laid 2 paving slabs in the front garden which will make it easier to get the lawn mower on to the grass.  Then he decided that he would cut the grass in the back garden.  Going around the pile of mud!!

The dogs just wanted to go in!

I have done most of my housework except for a big pile of ironing which I shall do later while dinner cooks.  I am going to do some online banking and then I am going to cut some fabric for a quilt.  Enjoy your Monday.

I was wrong.... the skip has been done today.  We now have an empty one again.  It was very hairy watching them do it.  He lifted the full one up and put it inside the empty one. Then he lifted both of them together and put them on the drive, finally lifting the full one out and back on to his lorry.  He only just missed some overhead cables!!!  Our bank balance is another £144 lighter!


No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget