Monday, August 27, 2012

Friday again


I am always glad when Friday rolls round.  It means the weekend is nearly here and I do love the weekend. Simon is home early on Fridays too.  4pm. Talking of Simon I noticed that in my blog yesterday I said he had only moved 2 barrow loads. That should have said 20!  He did 17 last night so that is now 37. The pile is about two thirds gone. If the weather holds then he may get it all cleared this weekend. 

So far this morning it is holding out. There was some rain over night but it doesn't look like much. Simon did his best last night to cover the clay with a tarpaulin in the hope that it won't get so wet.  It is very heavy to lift when sodden.

I wrote the above at 7.30am before I had got up. It is now 10am and I have been out in the garden with the dogs.......there must have been a lot of rain as the dug out area is full up with water again!  Must have been windy too as one of the shed windows has blown out.  More work.  At the moment it is 59 degrees, breezy and there are grey clouds.  It isn't looking like rain ...yet.

I like Fridays, I am usually up to date with my jobs so I get lots of time for my own stuff. I have just finished cleaning the kitchen floor and am just having coffee.  The kitchen floor will need to be done again later this afternoon before Simon gets home. I am having to do it twice a day at the moment because of the rain and the mud.  Washing 8 doggie paws is a chore too.

I am going to spend the rest of the day doing some sewing and some family history stuff.  Will have to refresh my memory with where I am up to with that as I haven't done any in a while.  I am going to work on my Mum's family.  

Wishing everyone a great weekend. Not sure if I will be here as weekends tend to be busy.

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget