Monday, August 27, 2012

Rain stopped play

Well Simon has made a bit more progress with the garage extension. He has though, been hampered by the rotten British summer weather.

He wouldn't have got so far without my help!!!

The digger had to go back on Friday but a skip arrived on the drive. 

Right now the work is to get that mountain of clay into the skip so it can be taken away. He initially thought 2 skips would do it but now he say he thinks he may need 3.  They are £144 a pop.  Not cheap. 
It is very hard work as he has to load it into a wheel barrow and then wheel it to the skip which is on the drive at the front.

I have helped a couple of times.  I can do about 7 bucket loads to Simon's 10 wheel barrow loads. It is flipping heavy because it is wet.

Flip flops are perhaps not the best footwear!!!

Then........ rain stopped play. 

So, as of today this is what progress looks like........ a skip with more clay in it

A fractionally smaller mountain of earth.
and a very muddy path.
We are hoping that the rain will stay away today so that further progress can be made.

One or two of you have asked questions..... the existing garage is not being demolished just extended.  It will be nearly the length of the garden.  In other words bloody huge.  Ridiculously huge. The whole thing is to have a pitched roof assuming we don't run out of money!

A few of you have said how lucky I am to have a husband that can do all this work and how nice it will all look when it is finished.  Yes, I am lucky.  He is a good husband. He does however get carried away with things and go completely over the top.  As for it looking nice?  It will look like a huge industrial unit in my back garden, just what I have always wanted .....NOT.  To be clear, he is building this for him not me!  Ignore me, I like to have a moan!

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget