Monday, August 27, 2012

Wednesday 20th June.

Well I thought the weather forecast was showing sun today but it is yet to appear here.  It is a quarter to eleven and about 60 degrees.  Quite overcast.  It isn't raining so that is 2 days on the trot.  BUT, heavy rain is predicted for tomorrow. I need summer to get here. Feeling quite cheesed off.

Yesterday was a sewing day.  I finished a cushion for my cousin and Evans cape.  I also made a mask for Evan and while Ellie was here I made another of those monster Ninnis. She saw the one that I had made the other day and asked if she could have it.  I said she could but she then decided that she wanted one in a different colour!  I let her choose some fabric and I made it while she was working on cards.

She came straight from school and stayed to have dinner with us.  She was very good. She wanted to make cards so we went up in my sewing room where I have all my craft stuff and she made 5 cards in total.  She is very good at drawing for her age.  In fact she just came second out of 90 children for her drawing of the queen.  She had a certificate and a £10 book voucher.  She was very pleased about that.

She loved being just me and her and we had a lot of fun.  I  was able to sew while she was busy.  She loved being allowed to choose her own papers and to cut them up with my fancy scissors.  My special stickers went down well too and then she saw my jars of buttons!  Oh, she wanted those!  She made a card for her Grandad with pink and red buttons.

We had pizza and chips for tea as I thought she would like that.  She ate loads!  This is some what of a miracle as she used to be such a fussy eater and they used to worry because she ate so little.  I was very pleased.  She was also a good girl and helped to clear up without a fuss.

When I was making her little monster  I asked her what colour eyes she wanted for it.  She said she wanted the pupils to be lilac.  I was pretty impressed that she knew the word pupil as she was only 5 last month.  I asked her which bit of the eye that was and she knew!  I then asked her if she knew what the coloured bit is called and she said "yes, that is the Alf's.... oh no I mean the Iris, I get muddled because of Great Granddad Alf and Great Nanny Iris"!!   Those are my parents names.

I just love my little ones.  They are so funny.

The skip was taken away yesterday afternoon so we have our drive back.  We also have a very nasty dead looking patch on our lawn where the tarpaulin was under the clay. Everyone keeps saying it will grow back but I can't see that really.  It is dead.  Will probably have to seed it or returf it. Both options are a pain as the dogs will just walk all over it. 

I think I am going to have a lazy day today.  I have done all the cleaning already and there is only a small bit of ironing to do. I am not feeling great.  I have a niggling headache and feel a bit sicky and dizzy.  Don't know what that's all about.  It is the second time this week that I have felt dodgy.  Hopefully it will pass off. 

Time to go make some coffee.

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget