Monday, August 27, 2012

A good rant.


I have a habit. I find it very revealing. What is it? Well I never hang up the phone until the other person has. Why? Because you get to hear all kinds of stuff, often stuff that you wouldn't otherwise know! So if you are talking to me then beware...........hang your phone up before inserting your foot into your mouth big time.
Simon is well aware that I do this. I have told him countless times so you would think he would know wouldn't you? No. This morning he was car sharing with this other teacher again and I was worried because we have had a whole load more snow which is on top of the ice. Not good driving conditions. Anyway he said he would phone half way and then again when he got there which he duly did.
On that last call he was over heard saying to his colleague “She is obviously still in bed”! Thanks Simon you just made me sound like a right lazy bitch to someone I don't even know. It was nearly 9am and I was most certainly not in bed. In fact I had already finished arranging the last of the stuff back on the living room shelves. That was after cooking my own friggin breakfast!
By the way did I mention that I did actually manage to get all the furniture back into the room by myself before Simon came home yesterday? No? Well I did. Most of the stuff was back in place too except on the shelves which get bolted together. I would have done that myself but he had taken both sets of keys to the garage with him so I couldn't access the tools.
Anyway, I soon put him straight. I rang him straight back to make sure he knew I was not in bed.....think his colleague may have got that message too!
There is a lesson here........... If you want to talk about someone behind their back, particularly if you are going to bad mouth them......make sure you hang up before you do so. And for those who like to know what people really think.....listen in until they do hang up........it can be very enlightening.
Just realised that I still use the expression “hang up”. We don't really hang up any more do we. We switch off or cut off or end the call but we don’t any longer physically hang up the phone.
Now I am off to do a few more jobs and then some sewing. My husband comes in early on a Friday afternoon. It used to be 3.30pm, now it's 4pm. He has certain expectations................. just wondering if he mentioned that to his colleague?
Oh, his excuse for his comment? He thought I sounded sleepy! I'm always friggin sleepy. Always tired, always totally knackered. I only get about 4 hours sleep a night. I am now losing an extra half hour because he is up earlier. What's new?

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget