Monday, August 27, 2012

Stuff

Well as usual it has been a busy few days around here. Thankfully the weather has picked up quite a bit and it has been unseasonably warm. In fact Thursday was about 55 degrees. It was so nice that I actually got Florrie out for the first time since new years day. For the benefit of the few new friends I have.... Florrie is my bike.

I really needed fresh vegetables and you may recall that the village shop does not sell them. So, with the weather being so nice I decided it was time to get on my bike and cycle down to Bourne and the nearest supermarket which is Sainsbury's. 

I wish I had timed it but I didn't think and I had no idea what time it was when I left. I don't think it took long. it is a fairly easy ride on flat ground, about three and a half miles. what I hadn't bargained on was the wind! It wasn't a very windy day but it so open along that road and so flat that you just get blown to bits. It made it quite hard work. Of course I am out of practice too. At least I know it is easily doable now. Weather permitting I will do it again next week. I need to start getting out and about. Need to explore.

Yesterday was mainly spent sewing. I am really pleased with how some of my projects are going. Today we were up early and set off to Peterborough with the intention of buying me a new net book computer. I think I said that my old one had an unfortunate accident? Bloody dogs!

It is still sort of working after a fashion but the screen is split into 4 and has lines across it so it is more or less impossible to work with. We did take it to a local computer shop on Friday afternoon but it would have cost over £100 to repair the screen and the guy said that it probably had other damage to the mother board from the coffee. He said they don't tend to like coffee! Basically at several years oldit would not have been viable to repair.

So..........we went to get me a new one today. I had done some research and new which one I wanted. I still have my big PC but that is upstairs and I like to use the net book on my lap either in the living room or in bed. we went to PC World and while we were pursuing Simon suddenly noticed that the Appleguys weren't busy and said why don't we go and look at the iPads? Long story short I have ended up with a lovely, new, shiny iPad! 

I have considered getting one before. I quite like gadgets as you know, particularly computing ones. I have to be honest though that in the end Simon talked me into this as I wasn't entirely sure. I liked the idea of it but wasn't convinced that it would do everything I need it to.

So far, I am LOVING it! As you will be aware from my notes I am a bit annoyed by some issues with Multiply. seems they need to develop an app. having said that I am typing this in Multiply on the iPad and keeping my fingers crossed that it will post!

what is bugging me most is that on my own site instead of my normal pretty page I now have no back ground or side bar just a white page and a list. Strangely when I go to my friends pages their sites have all the normal stuff. Very odd. 

I was also under the impression that I wouldn't be able to insert photos into my blog from here but I see it does actually have the normal option to do that. I was going to try it and see if it works but have realised that I don't actually have any photos on here! I could take one but as yet I do not know where they are stored or how I would access them! I have a bit of a learning curve ahead I think. Will get there.

Ok, that is it for now. Going to go and explore apps! Oh........anyone know how to delete an app once you have down loaded it? 

Jilly

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget