Monday, August 27, 2012

Show and tell time


Well it is an age since I have done a “Show and tell blog.” That means that this one is going to be an epic! Feel free to quietly slink away if sewing and crafts are not your thing!
I think last time I was half way through making a quilted throw for the new sofa. Well I not only got that finished but I also made another one for Saskia in orange and burgundy.
Here is our one.
Here is the one that I made for Saskia and you can see the whole process of making it. I was really pleased with how this turned out and she was dead chuffed. I just need to go and visit her in her new house to see it in situ. She moved at Easter but because of my Mums death I haven't yet been able to go and visit her.
I made a small quilt with appliquéd hearts using scraps of fabric from the larger sofa throw. I am really pleased with this and it is the ideal side to go on the end f the chaise where Simon puts his feet, that is if Alfie hasn't got there first!
I made 7 quilted coasters for the living room. Simon is quite precious about his wood so we aren't allowed to put drinks on it without a mat. I made these from scraps from the sofa throw and they are just random designs! They do look very effective though. They are backed with denim cut from old jeans.
I am actually collecting old jeans at the moment as a friend of mine, Kathy, has given me the instructions to make a jeans quilt. You cut a star shape from the top denim square, then put another fabric underneath to show up in the star then back it with either more denim or a fleccy fabric. They are made one at a time and then all joined together. It looks wonderful. 
There were lots of birthdays this month not to mention anniversarys so I made lots of cards again.
Aprils cards
Mays cards
I think that is about it.  I was going to bore you all by showing you the cards and coasters and things individually but instead I have put them into an album.  You can look if you are interested.
My next project is a little dress for Jessica.  This is the pattern.
I am going to make it out for some very pretty broderie anglais fabric.  It was originally my sisters bridesmaid dress that she wore at my wedding.  My Dad gave it to me recently and I have cut it up and got a lot of fabric out of it. 

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget