Monday, August 27, 2012

22nd of February


 We are over two thirds of the way through February already and whilst the snow may be gone it is still flipping cold. I thought I had seen on the news that we were due for much milder weather today. Unseasonably mild in fact. Well I can confirm that whoever is responsible for the weather here in the Fens has got it totally wrong. They didn't listen. It is COLD and WINDY. 35 mile per hour wind with gusts of 50! I am not used to this at all.
I had been planning to get out and about on my bike today. I have yet to try out cycling to Bourne which is the nearest town. It is about 4 miles to Sainsbury's. Not far at all on a bike. I have my basket and my panniers so I am set up for shopping. I needed to go today really as I need fresh vegetables. Remember, the village post office cum shop does not sell fresh veg. Tonight’s dinner will be including frozen veg as no way am I cycling anywhere in this.
Mind you it is a very good excuse for staying indoors and doing what I want. So, I made sure all the house stuff was done early including all floors washed. There wasn't much to do as I am up to date........well there is always dusting I suppose but.............. no. Too many other things to take my attention.
By 11am I was ready to have some “me” time. I thought I would do some computer stuff first and then some sewing. I made myself some coffee and took it upstairs. BIG mistake! Alfie and Loulou have taken to arguing over who gets the prime spot on the bed. The prime spot being Daddy’s side near the top end with the pillows! Today I thought it was going to end in a fight so I was really cross and ordered them both out. They don't like it when I shout so they both jumped off the bed and out the door...........................in the process one of them knocked my full, hot, cup of coffee over and the whole lot went into my mini lap top which was on the floor.
I rushed it into the bathroom and held it over the sink to get out as much as I could. I wiped it over and dried it thoroughly. I removed the battery which didn't seem to be wet. I left the whole lot to dry. You know what I am going to say don't you........the feckin thing won't work. The screen is blank, it makes whirring noises for about 30 seconds and there is a power light on but I can't switch it on or off. I LOVE my mini lap top. Don't like using the big desk top. Really do not want to have to pay out for a new one. Mind you it had been acting funny for a while.........I pad????
It took me ages to clean the carpet and the bedside drawers. It had even managed to get inside the top 2 drawers. Bloody dogs. They have been shut in the kitchen for a good while today!
Since then I have been sewing. I have been working on my 4 seasons squares which are all now finished. I am in the process of joining them together now into one big square. There has been a fair bit of hand sewing so it has taken a good chunk of the day. It is nearly time to go and get started on dinner so the backing and binding will get left for now. This evening I want to try and work out what I can do with all those fabric scraps from my sofa throw to make a smaller one.
May or may not get round to it. I have several phone calls to make and Eastenders is on too. Best go liberate the frozen veggies.
It's raining! Just looked out of the window and it is raining. Hate the rain. Apparently we are officially in a drought area so I guess it is needed. Why can't it just rain at night? Much more sensible.

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget