Monday, August 27, 2012

Sunday 6th of May


I am tip toeing very quietly......don't want to wake you all! BOO. Huh, did that rouse you?
I caught up with everyones blog yesterday....finally. It seems that you all were saying how very quiet Multiply is right now and you were right. It's like a grave yard. I am as guilty as anyone as I have hardly been here at all recently. It's time to change that I think. Time to get back to a regular blogging habit.
That said I have no idea really what to write. Let's just ramble.
This bank holiday weekend is turning out to be pretty crap so far. I have had the headache from hell since Friday evening. It is easing a bit now. I spent yesterday doing absolutely nothing. Just lounged in bed all day taking regular doses of drugs and sporting a cold wet flannel on my head. Where did the headache come from? Take a guess!
Talking of Simon...... he has spent the weekend so far digging out more and more of the area behind the garage. In between the rain. Sometimes even in the rain. He is moaning like hell because he is tired and chuntering on about getting a digger in. Great. I have no sympathy what so ever. He chose to do this. We could have paid someone and it would have been done in a day or two. He is tired because he is ill and not up to this, not to mention he doesn't take his tablets. Well there you go, what do you expect?
The garden looks dreadful. I don't even want to go out there. Everywhere is just mud, wet mud. I am so sick of having to wash and dry 8 paws every half hour. The grass is nearly long enough to lose a dog out there. Can't cut it of course because it is water logged. The side of the house now has 3 double glazed windows stacked alongside the concrete garage sections. It looks like Steptoe's yard.
Oh, that reminds me of an odd thing this week. I was in the kitchen when I heard this bell ringing and someone shouting. On investigation I found it was a rag and bone man going down the street. They were shouting out “Any old iron”! I have not seen that since I was a very young child. Didn't know they still did that.
So, with all the work going on outside you would be forgiven for thinking that my wardrobe is now finished. Well it isn't. It is in the same state it was in last week. I have more or less given up now. We have been here nearly 5 months and I still have clothes hanging on a rail in my sewing room. The wardrobe doors are still in the corner of my room, still in their packaging where the delivery men put them 4 months ago. Silly me for thinking this was slightly more important than a stupid garage extension.
I have found some nice baskets for the shelves though. They are white and made from paper rope which is better than wicker as it has no catchy bits that could snag clothes. Environmentally friendly too. Actually, I think wicker is also. They look good. I need about 20 of them and so far have only managed to get 12 but Dunelm have ordered me in another 8. They should be in next week.
I have been doing a bit of tidying up this morning as the house had got messy yesterday. Trying to take it easy though as the slightest aggravation will set my head thumping. I am going to do some research on lap tops when I finish this. I am debating about replacing my desk top PC with a large lap top. I like the desk top, I like the solidness of it but I guess that lap tops do everything the same nowadays, sometimes more. If I replace it with a lap top I could potentially use it downstairs in the evening instead of having a net-book. On the other hand if it is big would I want to constantly lug it downstairs?
Why did the stupid dogs have to wreck my lovely little pink net-book? Why was I stupid enough to replace it with an iPad. Don't get an iPad. Stupid things. Good for games but that's about it. Try doing family history research on one.
Where was I? Oh yes, ranting. I do like a good rant!
It's Ellie's birthday tomorrow. She will be 5. I can't believe that it has gone so fast. It seems like yesterday when we were having a family meal and Sam and Lisa made their announcement. She had a party yesterday for all her little school friends. Tomorrow all the family are gathering, not for a party as such but for birthday cake and drinks.
My sister Julie and her husband are bringing my Dad up. They will come to us in time for dinner and then we will all go down to Sam's house later in the afternoon. I have just finished the dress and bag that I have made for Ellie's birthday present. I am not entirely happy with it. I think it would have been better made in a thinner polyester fabric. It would have hung better. I used good quality cotton and it is a bit sticky outy. I even washed it to see if it would be better but it is still the same. The bag however is too floppy and would be better if it was lined I think but I just followed the pattern. Oh well. Hopefully she will like it.
Time to go and do a few more jobs now. Hopefully be back tomorrow with some photos of the birthday girl.

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget