Monday, August 27, 2012

Fen land weather


The first few weeks of February have been very cold.  In fact I have never seen it so cold.  On the 11th of February we got down to minus 14!  I took a photo of the car thingy but it was only minus thirteen and a half then!  The coldest place in the country that night was Holbeach which is not far from here and that was minus 17!  
I have been meaning to post these photos of the snowmen for ages. We had more snow than I have seen since I was a kid. Thankfully it has all gone now and hopefully will not return until next winter. Personally I would prefer that it didn't return full stop but that ain't gonna happen!
I did not make a snowman.  Too cold, only barmy people do that.  Here are some barmy people with their snowmen.
My sister.
Evan.
Saskia.
Saskia's snowman is, I think, a snow lady.......look at those eye lashes!
We are finding the weather here some what different to our little micro climate that we had in Bretton. I know everyone had snow and cold weather but Bretton is very mild. Here it seems to be much colder and definitely much windier. It is because we are in the Fens and it is all open and totally flat so no protection. I need to remember that when hanging out washing.........
For the first time since moving here I decided to hang the washing on the line instead of using the tumble drier. This mornings weather forecast said “gentle breeze”. I had hand washed some “frillies” which really need to drip dry, they don't do well in the tumbler. So I spent 10 minutes filling the washing line.
Whilst having a coffee break, I happened to notice that the weather forecast for here now shows south westerly winds of 25 miles an hour. Not liking the sound of that I looked out the window............ OK........certain of my “frillies” are now residing next door!
I am so embarrassed. No way can I go round and ask for them. I will have to send Simon. It's him that buys me the stupid things, he can go get them back. At least they went in the house to the right of us where it is just Anne. Wouldn't have wanted to have to ask 23 year old Stuart for them!
I knew there was a reason I like my tumble drier! 
PS.  All items have been safely retrieved. Anne was out and we were able to "fish" them back with the clothes prop as they had caught on bushes.  Phew!

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget