Monday, August 27, 2012

Last day of May


Well I had to do a blog today as it is the last day of the month. Seems that I only managed 10 blogs for the month of May and the last one was 10 days ago! I really do not know what is going on with my blogging. It always used to be part of my daily routine but just recently I have got out of the habit. I am always intending to write but then I am busy and it gets late and I sit and read all of yours and that’s it. I seem to be reading blogs several days late so my comments are often not relevant. I even wonder if they actually get read?
Anyway...... I ought to give you some kind of overview on what has had me so busy the last 10 days but you know what, I can't even remember. We have had around a week of glorious summer weather which has seen me busy out in the garden. Working and sun bathing. It has all changed today and we are back to grey skies, chilly winds and of course rain.
A couple of photos from the garden.  Things are looking a bit better after the sun but these were the last photos I took.
Last week we had my Aunt Glad's funeral which went as well as these things can. Wendy’s husband Nick read a lovely eulogy and 2 of her children read things too. They all did very well. It was nice to catch up with everyone afterwards. Of course we had seen most of them just a few weeks previously for my Mums funeral. There was however a cousin who I hadn't seen for years. The eldest daughter of my Mums sister. She was a bit odd! I never really knew them well and I am quite glad that I didn't.
My Dad didn't go to the funeral as he was in hospital. I think I did manage to post a note saying that he had been admitted to hospital? They said he had to have 6 weeks of intravenous antibiotics. It has all changed since then. He had a scan which showed bone debris behind his ear. They had to operate to remove this.. It was done over a week ago and was quite nasty as it involved drilling through his skull behind his ear.
We were more worried about his blood pressure which rose alarmingly while he was in there. 225 over 153! They did manage to get it down a bit by changing his medication.  However new pills have brought on an episode off gout.
He is getting a lot of pain from his ear and his feet are really painful too. He is struggling to walk. My sister is away on holiday in Greece this week so it is much more difficult and worrying for me. We are managing though as my niece Carly is on hand and also Dads own sister is going to visit too. There is no way that I can get there every day. I am hoping that he will agree to come back here at the weekend which will make it much easier.  Oh, I forgot to say that he is at home now.
He really could have done without all of this right on top of Mum dying. He was trying so hard to get back to normal and now he can't really do anything. I really hope that this operation has sorted his ear out. It is hard to know right now as it has to heal and also all the packing inside it needs to be removed. They told him they would send him an appointment for that but we are still waiting. It was supposed to be a week. Something is telling me that I shall have to phone them tomorrow and kick up merry hell. Why on earth do they not give you a follow up appointment when they discharge you? Bloody ridiculous. Such a waste of time and money to send it through the post.
Coralie and I went with Denise to a fabric warehouse in Leicester last Sunday. My goodness, it was like an Aladins cave! So many beautiful fabrics everywhere. They also had a huge range of sundry items. Lots of stuff that I didn’t know I needed! I came home with a bulging carrier bag and am all set for several projects.
I have been doing a lot of sewing recently which is something else that has kept me away from here. I'll take some photos and do a show and tell blog. I need to sort out a way of adjusting the height of my table as I am finding that when I do a lot, I end up with a dreadful ache in my neck and shoulders from being hunched over. I work at an old desk that used to be Saskia's. It was part of her bedroom furniture so it is lower than a standard desk.
I have the same problem with cutting out too. I use an old drop leaf dining table that my Dad got me from his charity shop. It is perfect except it is too low. I could ask Simon to do something about it but I'll wait forever. I am still waiting on a finished wardrobe. I did get excited last weekend as he purchased the tracking for the doors. He has even screwed the bottom tracking in place. However..........he has a wooden plinth underneath the track and apparently he forgot to add that into his calculations so that will throw things out at the top! He needs to think about it! I think the trouble is that he is so desperate to work on his garage extension now that he just wants this done and he is rushing and making silly mistakes which then of course just cause more work.
He is on half term holiday next week and is hiring a mini digger from Saturday. That should make for some interesting photos! I find it all a bit worrying. So much potential for things not to go to plan. I am worried about the fence and dogs too. When he starts digging out, there will be a gap under the fence.........I keep reminding him of this but he doesn't seem to have done anything about it yet. He has however got the permission of the farmer to bring the digger around the back and through the farmers field. Even that will be fun as it will involve removing the back fence to get it in. Great.
OK, that’s me out of here for now. Hopefully I will get more blogs done for June. 

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget