Monday, August 27, 2012

Show and tell time on Tuesday


I have been sort of busy this week although I never seem to have as much time as I would like.  We had a sewing session with Denise on Friday and she gave me some beads to finish off the wall hanging which will be a Christmas present for Saskia.  It is completed now except for a piece of dowel to hang it with.  Once that is done I will show you what it looks like actually hanging.

I am really pleased with how this has turned out and I know she will like it.  It is the same fabrics as the quilt that I made for her. Click photos to enlarge then you can see all the tiny beads.

While we were at Denise's house all 3 of us made a little owl. She had got the pattern from a neighbour of hers who sells these on Etsy and Ebay.  They are cute.  Very easy to do and can be stuffed with wadding or rice or lentils or the like if you want them to be heavier.  The heavier ones make good paper weights.  This first one is for Saskia as he is in the same fabrics again.

These two, I made just for fun but Coralie is going to put them in her Etsy store.  Denise's neighbour sells these for £4 each.  I would be very happy with that as they are all made from scraps.
At home over the weekend I began on 2 projects.  The first is a table runner for my kitchen table.  I have sewn all the pieces together just need to get some backing fabric so I can get on and get it quilted.
The second is 3 little appliqued cat pictures which are going in a bright red frame and will be a Christmas present for Verity. They are made using leftover fabric from my table runner.

I got the frame a couple of years ago for 99p in a Sainsburys sale.  I have wondered what to do with it ever since.  Now I know!

Ok, off to do some family history stuff now.  3 blogs, 2 videos and some photos is enough for one day.  Plus I need another coffee.

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget