Monday, August 27, 2012

22nd of March

It is another really pleasant day out here in the Fens.  Blue sky, sunshine and nice and mild. Simon is still at home but is sitting marking school folders at the kitchen table.  He seems to be quite a lot better but is still having to be very careful how he moves. He is going back tomorrow. 

I have been to the opticians this morning to collect my new glasses.  So far, I am not really liking them but I know they take a while to get used to so I just have to persevere.  I feel quite disorientated and sort of wobbly!  If I look straight ahead it is ok but if I look out to the side the distortion is weird.  Very blurry which they said it would be but also things are distorted and look to be at funny angles.  Some things appear to be floating upwards.  They said you must remember to turn your head to where you are looking. 

As I am looking at my computer screen (the large desk top) I am finding that the stuff to the left is clear but I have to actually move my head as I read across the screen or it is blurry.  I am also having to keep my head very raised. Guess they will improve my posture!  I think maybe that my chair is too low but then if I raise it my little tootsies won't reach the floor!  

This is what I look like, taken on my iPad. It is not flattering!!!

I did attempt to take myself in the mirror but  that didn't really work either!  Will have to get Simon to take a photo of me.

I have been out in the garden taking photos of stuff. This is my Acer tree.

This is the Tulip tree.

Both of them now have buds. 

This is the funny little planter that the other people left behind.  It is supposed to look like 2 badgers poking their heads out from a tree stump.

There is another tree in the back garden which now has buds on it but I have no idea what it is.  The buds are large and jet black.

There were 2 shrubs left behind after the fence was done the first one is a flowering blackcurrant which I understand does not fruit but is grown for it's blooms only.

Next to it is this other shrub which has buds and I am not totally sure what it is.

These are the pink flowers in the front garden.  Can someone identify them?

You can see that they have red stems.

There are 2 different kinds of heather in the front garden.

Here are my seedlings.  The tomatoes are already poking through.

Ok, that is me out of here for now, lots of things to do.

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget