Monday, August 20, 2012

Entry for 04 April 2008


Friday already! I say it every single week...the time just flies by. Tempus Fugit! I had a lovely day yesterday with my little granddaughter Ellie. I had her for the whole day while her Mummy Lisa, was doing her induction day at work for her new part time job.
Ellie was a little angel all day. She is so funny now! She is beginning to walk more although she still does a lot of crawling. She is really developing her own little personality too. She loves playing with all the toys that I have collected at out house for her. And really likes it when Nanny gets down on the floor and plays too.
She is a right little performer and just loves having an audience. It reminds me of Saskia when she was tiny. I was on my own with her for the morning but she had a big audience in the afternoon as she also had auntie Coralie, auntie Saskia, uncle Josh and Grandad! She adores her uncle Josh and he is really good with her.
When I saw my Dad on Tuesday he had got me a high chair to use for Ellie. It's a really nice one and looks more or less new. He only paid £6 in his local charity shop. It was a real boon for me. When I wanted to make myself some coffee, I was able to strap her in and she was quite happy. In fact, I gave her a chocolate digestive biscuit which kept her more than happy for ages and I was able to get all the kitchen tidy!
I don't think she is normally allowed chocolate digestives, but then what are Nannys for, if not to give treats?
Coralie was here with us for the afternoon. She had an anti-natal appointment yesterday morning and as she can't drive at the moment her Dad took her. Unfortunately they have signed her off work for 2 weeks as she can't really walk very well. The pain from her pelvic bones is really bad. They are trying to get her an urgent appointment with an obstetric physio.
When she see the physio they will hopefully be fitting her with some kind of support belt that should help a bit as it is designed to take the pressure away from the bones and support the baby's weight. I can't really see how she is going to be able to return to work.
Unfortunately the normal sickness rules don't apply when the condition is pregnancy related. Coralie tells me that if she is off for more than 4 weeks they will say that she isn't fit to work and must start her maternity leave early. That's OK but the earlier she begins her maternity leave the less she will have after the baby is born. She was hoping to have a whole year. She is only going to work part time anyway when she does go back and Nanny is going to look after "BOB". The most important thing right now is to make sure that both she and "BOB" are OK.
It was quite funny because Coralie gave Ellie her bottle of juice and Ellie fell asleep on her lap. We think "BOB" knew that cousin Ellie was there because he was kicking away right at the side of her head!
In the afternoon after lunch we left Coralie to have a little rest and Saskia and I took Ellie in her pushchair for a walk up to our local shops. We were both fighting over her got to push the pushchair! I let Saskia win...mostly. I got Ellie a really cute little outfit in Next. A pair of bright yellow trousers that can be rolled up to shorts and a stripy top in rainbow colours with a little hood. I also got myself a pink sort of smock style top.
We took Ellie back to Sam and Lisa at 6pm. Coralie and Saskia came as well as we were all going for a chinese meal. It was a nice restaurant in Bourne and near enough for us to walk to, although Coralie had to be taken in the car. Ellie was still a little angel despite the very long day that she had. She sat in the high chair and munched on prawn crackers!!! She was very taken with the pools of water in the restaurant that had some very large fish swimming around. She loves fish as they have a tank at home.
Today has been spent in returning my house back to some kind of normality! It's amazing how much chaos one small baby can make! We really have to get the house a bit more geared to babies! Yesterday we were moving stuff around all the time that she couldn't have although I am trying not to say "no" to often. You do have to move the dangerous stuff though. Every room had toys out this morning!
I need to get a travel cot and a stair gate. I could also do with a light weight buggy to save having to get their big pushchair out of the car each time. Coralie says that they have travel cots in Tesco for £30 so I will go and have a look.
I have also done the normal washing and ironing and cleaning today although Simon did all the hoovering for me. He has gone to play cars over at his barn now! He is going to do dinner today when he comes in so I have a bit of spare time although I still need to do the bathroom. He is going to Leeds tomorrow to collect some wheels for the car that he is building. He won them on EBay. He goes back to shool on Tuesday so I will be able to get myself back into my normal routines. Having said that, there will be exams staring soon and I will be busy again.
Time to go and make some coffee!

No comments:

floating social media sharing buttons

Get widget